Brad was called to the Bar by Gray’s Inn in July 2019 and joined Chambers as a pupil in October 2020. Brad’s pupil supervisor is Karen Robinson.
Brad comes to Chambers after working at one of the three largest criminal defence firms in the country as a Crown Court caseworker and police station representative. During this time he provided advice and representation to adult and youth clients in police interview, conference and court in a wide variety of cases ranging from money laundering to murder. He also successfully drafted grounds of appeal to the Court of Appeal.
In this same period, Brad worked as a research associate for the Sentencing Academy where he carried out and delivered in-depth research into the use and development of sentencing guidelines.
Brad has been involved in assisting a journalistic investigation into online witness-outing and harassment in Kenya following the 2008 post-election violence. In delivering his report, he successfully identified a criminal network and various patterns of offending.
Brad has substantial insight into the workings of banks and the financial sector having interned in the legal team and operations team of Goldman Sachs.
During his legal studies, Brad volunteered in the Liverpool Law Clinic where he assisted counsel in reviewing tranches of evidence in the Hillsborough Inquest and the case for an inquiry into the ‘Battle of Orgreave’. Within the Clinic, Brad also provided legal representation to asylum seekers appealing to the Upper Tribunal; here he drafted skeleton arguments on complex legal issues involving statelessness, credibility and internal relocation.
Whilst at Bar school, Brad taught debating and public-speaking skills weekly to classes of prisoners in HMP Downview and HMP YOI ISIS.
- Called 2019 (Gray’s Inn)
- BPP Law School – Bar Professional Training Course (Outstanding)
- University of Cambridge, Gonville and Caius College – LLM
- University of Liverpool – LLB(hons) (First Class)
Scholarships and Awards
- Bedingfield Scholarship - Gray’s Inn
- Residential Scholarship - Gray’s Inn
- Freshfields Stephen Lawrence Scholarship - Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- W.M Tapp Studentship - University of Cambridge, Gonville & Caius College
- George Stern award for best performance in LLB finals - University of Liverpool
- ‘Outstanding Contribution to pro bono work’ - University of Liverpool
- Excellence Scholarship - BPP Law School
- The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn