Inquest into the death of Shante Turay-Thomas (2020)

Thomas Coke-Smyth represented NHS Digital at the inquest into the death of Ms Turay-Thomas.

Ms Turay-Thomas had died as a result of anaphylaxis caused by an allergic reaction following the consumption of a hazelnut. Having called NHS 111 rather than NHS 999, the inquest examined the failings on behalf of NHS 111 call handlers.

Counsel was instructed by DAC Beachcroft.

This inquest was reported widely in the press by ITV, the BBC and the Evening Standard.

Contact our experts for further advice